Responsive image
Sinhala site
Sinhala site

POSTED AT 01:48 PM 14-09-2018

Five hospitalised due to ammonia gas exposure

Image Courtesy: Steelman Gases Pvt Ltd

At least five people were admitted to the Horana Base Hospital after being exposed to Ammonia gas at a rubber factory in Wagawatte, Horana this morning, Police said.

They said an ammonia gas cylinder has exploded while a group of workers were unloading some cylinders from a lorry.

Two of those hospitalized were in critical condition, Hospital sources said. 

Buddhika Kumarasiri

Source